Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vat of Potatoes;The Saga Continues

So after spending another Tuesday morning with Dr. Tom, my dentist, and not being able to taste or chew or feel, I took matters into my own hands. You see, I have this love affair with a few select foods and beverages. Good coffee, chocolate, deep rich things that make my butt big and mashed potatoes. I finally got the feeling back in my mouth and realized that I couldn't open my jaw very wide, but was famished. What's a girl to do? Make instant mashed potatoes of course. Last time I opted for a nice healthy soy milk smoothie.....not this time. This time, I will indulge in some major carbs to satisfy my craving and make that run tonight really count. So as I sit here typing, I stop once in a while to shovel a spoonful of taters into my mouth....that doesn't open very wide. The good news is that I'm done with the drilling for a while, the bad news is.....the bill. Shudder.

So we're on day 10 of the Love Dare. If you're keeping track we're a little behind (wish mine was) because of Lonnie's travels this weekend. So day 10 is love is unconditional. Meaning if someone says, "I have fallen out of love with you" what they really mean is, "I have never loved you unconditionally from the very beginning." Food for thought. The dare is to
do something out of the ordinary today-for your spouse-something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash their car, clean the kitchen, buy their favorite dessert, fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage.
Sometimes we make our love based on our spouse's attributes, behavior or on our commitment. It's often hard to show love when it's not returned in the way you hope for. I am really having a hard time thinking of something to do for Lonnie that he wouldn't think was ordinary. Most of the things listed above are pretty ordinary and are done fairly often. Kind of like a , "what do you get a guy with everything?" Hmmmm. I've already come up with counter excuses for a few ideas like.....1. Make his favorite dessert (excuse: he's on a diet and has banned me from baking) 2. Wash the car (excuse: I don't have the car today) 3. Buy him something special (excuse: it's the end of the month and once again...no car) So I guess I'm asking for some help from you (yes you...the person reading this blog, no matter whom you might be) Maybe it's the potatoes making my mind go blank, but I'm plumb out of out of the ordinary ideas!

And now for something completely different.....
We have Baylor's preschool open house tonight! Yikes! My child is going to preschool in the fall! Where on earth has the time gone? I'm already "fweekin out" as Baylor says. Since he is a very late summer birthday we put him with the three year old class that meets Tuesdays and Thursday mornings. I think this will be much better for him, seeing as he can't sit still for more than five seconds and he's a boy. A few of his teachers go to our church so that makes it slightly less intimidating. Either way, my baby is off to school soon!

4 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Is it out of the ordinary to put on one of your honeymoon you know what's and bring out the massage oil? Or maybe that an evening ritual :)

Keri Speidel said...

Andrea, I think that comes later in the book! You silly girl :)

AnE said...

sometimes when i know ean is going to be gone on a trip i pack some of his favorite goodies in his bag with a love note as a nice surpries!
or i take out the trash for him....thats a rare though but he sure does appreciate it!

Janice said...

I'm with Andrea, start the bedtime routine a bit earlier, light some candles and romance him! Of course if he is reading the comments on the blog, he may be not so surprised. So if he is... "Lonnie, its time to forget what you just read!"