Friday, May 29, 2009

I can't take you anywhere...

Do you ever get the feeling that someone is watching you......

OR.......

An entire store filled with people are watching your almost two year old scream and cry and throw one enormous tantrum on the floor and then in the cart and then on the floor and then again on the floor......Do ya? 

Oh, oh...me me me. I do I do!!!  (or should  I say, I did) 

I'm not sure what was going through Lonnie and my heads tonight when we concocted this amazingly retarded plan to take both boys shopping with us.  Yes, BOTH.  We were going to divide and concur the shopping list to save time.  Now Baylor is great.  He is a rock star.  You can actually carry on a conversation with him and he stays close to you and when you look at something too long he says, "No, mom....we're just looking, it's too expensive."  And then there is the other white meat.  Who apparently started the terrible two's a couple of months early.  I seriously used the phrase, "I can't take you anywhere, " tonight and meant every syllable.  I love that kid to death, but he will be the death of me.  

People would walk by the screaming mass of toddler mush and give a polite smile....but I know what they were thinking.  Some would laugh a little and were probably reminiscing about the times they had to scrape their two year old off the shopping cart too.  Good for you, but look at me again like that and you'll get a flip flop to the jugular.  Some also gave the look of death stare.  These people obviously have not birthed and raised children and have never been in a public place with a human under the age of 18.  May God have mercy on your soul. 

 I couldn't decide how to feel.  Part of me wanted to cry the other part wanted to be embarrassed and a teeny tiny part wanted to walk up to him, point and say, "Excuse me little boy are you lost? Who do you belong to?"  Because we all know that no child of mine would ever throw an enormous knock down drag out fit in the middle of wally world......wait, where am I? Oh yes, fantasy land.  All of this drama over a box of Teddy Grahams....which we never buy but decided that it would make a nice car snack.  Oh, boy was I wrong.  The funny part was that he was screaming "ca ca" really really really loud....which is cracker in Brody and crap in Spanish.  
So Brody has lost all shopping privileges until he's 25.  

I'm going to have myself a ca ca.  

2 comments:

the Broffitts said...

Sylvia is starting to recognize things in our cart and on the shelves. We walked right past the cheerios the other day and that was a mistake...or at least she thought so.

andy and jamie said...

Dude you are hilarious! Thx for making me gut laugh in Jordan!!!