Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ode to Mom


I figured after yesterday's post, I really owe it to my mom :)
Check out this gorgeous blond. No wonder she had the boys knocking down the door. Major props to my dad for snagging this one.

She did an amazing job raising my brother and I. Most days I just wonder if I can even remotely compare to her. There are days when I want to ship my boys off to her house so that she can teach them all the things she taught me. She raised us to love the Lord, honor, respect, be a hard worker, take interest in people, be thoughtful, creative and kind. There is nothing this lady can't do.

I mean, look at this hot mama. This is her as homecoming queen (go figure)

She does an amazing job with the boys too. I couldn't ask for a better grandma and built in babysitter. I know the boys will be taken care of and come home with many lessons learned.

She is one of the hardest working women I know. She works hard not only at her job as a nurse but at home taking care of her husband and home. To top it all off, she comes home a runs a few miles most days. I hope I can stay as fit and lively as her when I'm her age. When I say lively...I mean spunky. If you know my mom, she's a ball of fire. Always fun to be around and goofy to say the least. No wonder everyone always wants to hang out with her.

How could I forget...she's also a diva (hence the shirt)

So thank mom for being such a wonderful person, amazingly godly woman and the best mom in the world. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks for all that you have taught me and are still teaching me! I love you so much!
Happy Mother's Day!!



















1 comment:

Janice said...

Keri,
Your mom is a lucky lady to have a daughter like you! From how you described her, I see in YOU!

Janice