Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baylor vs. Baylor

This kid certainly knows how to fight with himself. He is exhausted. He keeps himself up late at night, gets up in the middle of the night and then wakes up at the crack of dawn. His little eyes have bags under them. He is crying at the drop of a hat, being incredibly disobedient and whining like there's no tomorrow. He's simply fighting with himself. His mind tells him he's not tired, but the rest of his little exhausted body begs to differ. He was born a bad sleeper and will always be a bad sleeper. I would like to punch whoever said you could, "train your child to sleep." There has been much training and no sleeping, trust me.

Yes, I know he's almost four and that warrants him giving up a nap but I just wish that he's realize that sleeping isn't so bad. He thinks a nap is the worst possible thing he could do. I know he's not going to sleep every day, but it seems like the days where he can barely hold his head up, he doesn't sleep. There are days (like today) when he wakes up in a bad mood and yawns every two seconds. I tried giving him a back massage to help him relax and then I tried laying down with him but he only squirms and jumps and pokes me in the eyeballs. There has been bribery, threatening and pleading...all of which have failed. I am forcing him to have a quiet time for at least one hour so this mother won't implode. I can hear him whimpering from down stairs....like sad tired puppy dog. This could put me over the edge today.

Gee, I wonder where he gets his high strung can't relax kind of behavior from?

1 comment:

jamie said...

keri- i started qt with abigail last week too! it's worth it. we don't have it down but email me if you want suggestions
jamiekampman@yahoo.com