Friday, July 31, 2009

Bunk beds!

Here they are! Here are the new to us bunk beds! Aren't they wonderful!? I am totally stoked and the boys are too. Brody figured out how to get to the top already but can't figure out how to get himself down. He sits on the top bunk and yells at the top of his lungs until we come get him...then he climbs back up again! We're still having major issues with the older yahoo getting out of bed at all hours wanting someone to sleep with him or to sleep with us (which is a major no no in our house) All suggestions welcome for keeping yahoo #1 in bed. You don't win a prize, just a huge thank you from a very sleep deprived mama.

This used to be our room until there was a hostile take over from the yahoos. They also took both mattresses so now Lonnie and I have to sleep together. I know what you're thinking...."um, hello..they're married, shouldn't they be sleeping together?" Here's the dealio. We do sleep together (most of the time but one of us is a night owl and likes to watch t.v into all hours of the night...this is the one that snores like a freight train. The other one is such a light sleeper that if you breath funny she sits up...uh, I mean they sit up in bed wide awake. I love my husband very much but I just can't sleep with him.....or anyone for that matter. I am a bed hog. I am a bed snob. I could take a king size bed just for me. So we've had to readjust our sleeping schedules and reinvest in super duper ear plugs for the sake of our dear yahoos. Needless to say, I have not gotten very much sleep this week and I'm crabby. Admission is the first step....Hi, I'm Keri and I'm crabby. There, I did it.

The things we do for our children *sigh*

5 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Oh Keri! Feeling your pain! The beds look great :)

astroud said...

On keeping yahoo #1 in bed...our pastor had the same problem with his daughter. They would spank the bottoms of her feet when she got out of bed. The more she kept it up, the more she realized that it wasn't worth it. Not sure if it will work, but it's an idea. - Stacia

Dawn said...

The bunks are way cool!!

Jill Kapfer said...

My friend started a sticker chart with her son. If he stayed in bed without crying (all night), he got to put a sticker on the chart. He earned small rewards after collecting a certain number of stickers. It worked for them. Us...we just spank and take away her blankie. It's worked like a charm.

mariecor07 said...

What a cute bedroom! We got kids bunk beds with storage included and it has been such a space saver! We got ours from http://www.simplykidsfurniture.com/ And in keeping yahoo#1 in bed we just spank too, but we tried the reward system, if she stays in bed esp at night w/o crying she will get a dollar which she puts in her piggy bank, so far it works.