Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stay away evil bug

So three kids from the camp we were at have come down with the barfy bug. Three girls, one of which took care of Brody in the morning. I'm hoping and praying that we have built up enough immunity after this winter to avoid the puke. I wasn't about to stick around and find out. I packed up the boys (who were still refusing to go to childcare, and for good reason!) and left my dear husband there (don't worry, he has a ride) and headed home. Another act of God was that I found a trucker that had Iowa City plates and followed him out of Pella, otherwise I'd be in Colorado by now. Glad to be home, boys are exhausted and so am I. We also have no food except for maybe mayo and ketchup and beef bullion cubes in the house. Okay, maybe a little more than that, but not much. I might be making an emergency trip to the grocery store soon.

I have my ten year high school reunion this weekend too! I feel slightly dated, but then again, I did get asked if I was the babysitter this week again. I think I'll take that compliment as long as I can get it! It should be great to see old friends again.


No comments: