Saturday, August 1, 2009

I ain't no Cake Boss

My lofty aspirations, hopes dreams and slightly elevated ego have all been smushed after this fondant disaster. Each year, my mom and I embark on a cake making adventure. This year Brody seems fascinated with tractors so we went down the John Deere road. I love watching those cake shows on t.v...you know Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. They suck me in and I always watch the show thinking, "I could totally do this." Wrong. We tried making homemade fondant, which is a fairly simple recipe, but it didn't take very well. I'm going to blame it on the recipe, but that stuff is not forgiving. We tried our hardest and this is what we came up with. It's not bad, but it's not what I had envisioned. We're celebrating Brody's birthday tomorrow (officially on Monday) with family. I got all of his gifts at garage sales this morning (shhhh don't tell yahoo #2) My baby will be two!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm totally impressed that you made it from scratch and I think it turned out really cute. I bet he loved it.