Friday, August 28, 2009

The quest for perfection


I have been searching the globe...okay, maybe not the globe but maybe the world wide web, for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I like my chocolate chip cookies to be just slightly crunchy on the edges but chewy on the inside. I don't like super dry cookies and I don't like super chewy cookies, there has to be this perfection that is not easily acquired. I think I may have stumbled across the perfect recipe. I will share with you if you promise to bring me a plate when you make them. I don't care how far away you live....I expect hot cookies on my door step. Just kidding. They are by no means low fat but you know what? Sometimes you just need to let your hair down and your belt out.

Here you go.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter (no fake stuff, the real deal)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 small package of instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
bag of milk chocolate chips
nuts if you like nuts, but I get enough nuts at my house....

Cream butter, pudding and sugars. Add eggs one at a time then add the vanilla. Blend in baking soda and flour. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool and devour with milk. Oh, baby.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Recipes for rum balls and chocolate chip cookies...I'm guessing the quest to rid the house of sugar is on hold. With all the running you guys are doing, I bet you can get away with it pretty easily.

Sheryl T said...

i have a suggestion. I learned this trick, where you take the cookies out at 8 minutes but leave them cooling on the pan for 5 mins, then cool them the rest of the way on wire racks and they come out like you said, crunchy on the edge but chewy in the middle.