Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Checkout lady will never have children

....almost positive. Poor Wal-mart check out girl having to check us out while both of my boys are screaming, balling and throwing a major fit in the checkout line. I could tell by the look on her face that she won't be having kids anytime soon....and no thanks to mine. Why do I do this to myself? Really? I think...oh, it's just a short trip....running in for a few things...what could go wrong in 20 minutes?

Duh. Key phrase here: "WHAT COULD GO WRONG IN TWENTY MINUTES." Hello! Don't get me started. Reason 345 why you shouldn't take your children shopping until they're 25. I digress.

Had a few people ask for the chili recipe so here it is! I'm going to dedicate this chili recipe to the check out lady at Wal-Mart. So here's the recipe for Wal-mart checker outer Chili.

2 lb lean ground beef
1 red onion chopped (or dried onions if you don't have a real onion)
pinch of garlic powder or minced garlic
Salt/pepper to taste
(chili powder and italian seasoning if you like it hotter)

2 cans tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 large can Bush's baked beans
1 can diced Italian style stewed tomatoes (drained)
1 can Mexican style pinto beans (drained)

Brown meat with onions, salt, pepper and garlic. Put in a big ole crock pot. Dump everything else in. Heat on low or "keep warm" until warm. Serve with shredded cheese. This will last you all week! That is if your family eats leftovers.....which mine does not. Enjoy!

I'll see if I can find the pumpkin bread recipe that made me gain 5lbs yesterday. I'm fairly certain I ate half of the loaf in one sitting. It's yummy but killer on diet.

On a positive note. BSF was wonderful this morning (even after being scolded for bring in coffee..ooops!)

No comments: