Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Filled up

There are days when I swear the only time I sit down is to pee and even then, I find myself multitasking on the john. Many a checkbooks have been balanced simply by taking a wee. From sun up to sun down I feel as if I pour out a lot and rarely get poured into. You feeling me? I know you feel that way sometimes too.
I had Bible Study Fellowship this morning, my second class, and it was perfect timing. God is really teaching me to learn how to be still. This concept is far from grasping by any means, but I know what needs to be done. From a young age I have always felt that if you sit you are then in turn lazy. I should always have something to do and be doing it. My mother always told me that bored was a bad word in our house and that you make your own fun. So I am good at making my own fun as well as always being busy. So busy in fact that sometimes I forget to "be still." Today during the lecture portion of our study, I was able to sit and just listen. For me, listening is taking notes or drawing, but I was able to take pages of notes. I swear I have ADD and am always finding other things to do during sermons or lectures like doodle, plan my next piece of art, make a grocery list or think of how I'm going to finish all the things on my to do list. Even with taking large amounts of notes, I was able to concentrate solely on the Word. I can't remember the last time that I sat through anything and soaked up as much information as this. It was refreshing and it filled me up.....and not a moment too late, I was running on empty!

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

First - LOVE the title font :)

Second - praise the Lord for His perfect timing and you being willing to listen! His timing is always great!

Kim said...

Glad you're learning the lesson...learn it well or he has more extreme ways of getting it through your head (as I'm learning).

Stacy said...

Thanks for reminding me why I love BSF....