Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Smells like fall....

Here's what's for dinner at the Speidel house.....home made chili, with real beef. Yes, real beef. We were using ground turkey but read an article that lean ground beef is just, if not better for you. We were also blessed to have someone give us a bunch of ground beef and a few steaks that they had from butchering a half of cow. My iron levels and my tummy thank you.
Beef......it's what's for dinner.
Fresh pumpkin bread......which Baylor and I have already devoured a good chunk of.
...and shoes. Wait....not shoes. These are my new clearance fall shoes and gold arrrrrrrrgyle (say with a piraty voice) socks. I'm very proud of them, so I thought I'd show them off to you. They probably don't match, but I like them and they're fun. I haven't had new shoes in a very very long time.

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Do you mind posting the recipe for both? They look WONDERFUL! I think your shoes and socks look great!

laura b. said...

You didn't tell me there was chili and pumpkin bread as well as carmel apples. Directions to your house along with the recipes Andrea requested would be nice. By they way, what did they do with the other half of the cow if they didn't butcher it?

Jill Kapfer said...

Your feet are so tiny! For a moment, I was wondering why you made Baylor wear girl shoes! ;) Your food looks yummy. I'll have to try out the recipe, we love chili!