Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bendy straw syndrome

So my insane attempts to find the H1N1 vaccine for our family have failed...kind of. I called around and found that our Physician had the mist and made a family appointment. It turns out however, that since Brody is mister breathing problem (he is the one I am most worried about) and Lonnie has a cold (but claims he is dying) they both could not get it. Baylor and I however, had the little mist up our noses. I know, I know some of you are adamantly opposed to vaccines and I'm not sure how I feel either, I do know that being a parent makes me worry a whole heck of a lot more. I am still searching for an inactivated shot for Brody, just in case. Since I am a germ freak, I did make my family wait in the car until we got called in.....I know, I'm a freak. It took all of my power to try to keep Brody from licking the chairs...really, he tried.

Now back to Lonnie....my wonderful husband whom I love dearly....but when any sort of illness hits.....he gets, "bendy straw syndrome." What is that, you ask? Well a friend once told me a story of this usually very healthy, masculine and burly husband was sick and being waited on hand and foot and when his wife brought out juice with a straw, he asked if they had a bendy one. Thus turning this phenomenon that seems to strike the males of the family, into the bendy straw syndrome. They suddenly can't move off of the couch, the remote control becomes fused to their hand, juice must be served from the couch, Kleenex, Tylenol and tea must be at arms reach....and oh yea, they're dying. Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy and I know he doesn't feel well, but what happens when mom gets sick? I must suffer in silence, go about the daily activities pretending that I don't feel like I got hit by a mack truck. I'm fine however and I will take care of my husband until he feels better. Get well soon, babe.


1 comment:

Jill Kapfer said...

When Zach gets sick, he goes to his room and doesn't come out until he's better. I guess it's nice b/c I don't really have to do anything for him, but it still annoys me. Come on, I still take care of the kids when I'm sick so help out a little! :)

Good luck finding the shot. If my husband wasn't so suspicious of the gov't, we'd probably get them too!