Monday, October 5, 2009

Everything is a weapon

Oh just look at this marvelous stick that I can promptly use to poke my big brother in the eye.
...or pretend to shoot him in the butt.

I'm not a big gun fan especially for kids, but I do believe in the right to bear arms. In fact I'm fairly certain both of my sons would back me up on that since they bear arms every day. They are boys and want to encourage their creativity, so we have laid down some ground rules applying to fake weapon play. It is amusing to me however, that if you try to take one of these so called weapons away, that they will craft another one out of anything. I MEAN ANYTHING....my sons have used sticks, rocks, Veggie Tales, vacuum cleaner attachments, broom handles, plastic golf clubs and my personal favorite....string cheese. Nothing like a hunk of cheese to the forehead.

Well the in-law's have arrived. Yes, they are a day early...little miscommunication BUT we are thrilled nonetheless. One more day with them is always a bonus! Baylor was so excited he almost wet himself when they pulled up. They came bearing a box of books and treasures as usual and the boys are still wide awake, dreaming of all the fun that we will have this week. Baylor has a deep cough but no other symptoms right now, I'm hoping it will stay away and not come back another day.

No comments: