First of all, they both slept through the night, and for that I am eternally grateful. Secondly, we walked downstairs into our kitchen, cold as it may be, with a roof over out heads and clothes on our backs. It amazes me how much I take for granted. True, we have lots and lots of snot and an occasional testicle problem, but we are healthy. We have a roof over our heads and we are healthy. God is good.
As Thanksgiving creeps up on us, I always try to make a point to list the things I am thankful for, and since I love lists....here you go.
1. Family of course! I love my boys....all three of them. I am a blessed woman.
2. My marriage. The man I love gets better looking everyday and I'm pretty glad he chose me.
3. Antibacterial hand soap. Take that Swine flu.
4. The energy and pure joy that Brody has. I'd be rich if I could bottle it and sell it.
5. Baylor's love to learn and read and explore new things.
6. The fact that I get to live close to my parents. I don't know what I'd do without them and I am truly blessed to have them a part of the boys' lives. They boys always come home with new nuggets of information and knowing that they can talk to God anytime. Priceless.
7. My steam mop. Did I tell you I got a steam mop? Revolutionary, I tell you. I mopped for fun today. Sad.
8. That I made enough money at my art show to get my husband the Christmas present he really wanted.....a flatscreen t.v. He's drooling as we speak. Merry Christmas sweet cheeks.
9. My band. I love the fact that I get to leave one evening a week to make beautiful music with extremely talented people. They are my second family and I love them deeply!
10. That gas prices went down this year. Maybe we'll be able to keep the house at 65! Wahoo!
11. Great friends. I have some pretty amazing friends who serve my by watching my dogs, kids and bringing me chocolate when I've had a bad day.
12. The arrows on the remote that show you which way the batteries go. Really.
13. Olivia, Franklin, Bob, Larry and Bambi. Thanks for keeping my children entertained while I use my steam mop.
13.5 Push up bras. Enough said.
14. Running. I was told as a little girl that I may be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life but God had other plans. I was able to run a marathon relay and will begin training for a triathlon and half marathon as soon as I can get my butt in gear. Don't take movement of your legs for granted!
15. The new coffee shop down the street.....I mean RIGHT down the street. Dangerous.
16. That Bill Clinton is constitutionally prohibited for running for president again.
17. Technology. Although slightly addicting and time sucking, I love it.
I could go on, but I will spare you. Just make sure to be thankful for the big and little things this year!
We're headed to Mount Vernon, Illinois for Thanksgiving tomorrow and will return on Saturday. Taking a sabbatical from blogging and Facebook....but only for a few days. I can't stay away that long.