Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankfulness

This morning I stood in my mis-matched jammies in front of our enormous picture window, watching the early morning fog, staring at the coffee maker with ninja eyes hoping it would make the coffee come faster and wondered what Brody would ask for his breakfast food choice this morning. Yesterday is was mac and cheese, the day before that it was cookies (cookies maybe, mac and cheese, not so much) My two little blessings waiting patiently for me to throw something together for breakfast, playing with cars and dinosaurs at the table (they are frequent visitors at our table) Okay...I lied....they were not waiting patiently, in fact that were screaming for food, but I'd like to think they were waiting patiently. One can dream. So you're probably thinking what does this story have to do with thankfulness and I shall tell you.
First of all, they both slept through the night, and for that I am eternally grateful. Secondly, we walked downstairs into our kitchen, cold as it may be, with a roof over out heads and clothes on our backs. It amazes me how much I take for granted. True, we have lots and lots of snot and an occasional testicle problem, but we are healthy. We have a roof over our heads and we are healthy. God is good.
As Thanksgiving creeps up on us, I always try to make a point to list the things I am thankful for, and since I love lists....here you go.
1. Family of course! I love my boys....all three of them. I am a blessed woman.
2. My marriage. The man I love gets better looking everyday and I'm pretty glad he chose me.
3. Antibacterial hand soap. Take that Swine flu.
4. The energy and pure joy that Brody has. I'd be rich if I could bottle it and sell it.
5. Baylor's love to learn and read and explore new things.
6. The fact that I get to live close to my parents. I don't know what I'd do without them and I am truly blessed to have them a part of the boys' lives. They boys always come home with new nuggets of information and knowing that they can talk to God anytime. Priceless.
7. My steam mop. Did I tell you I got a steam mop? Revolutionary, I tell you. I mopped for fun today. Sad.
8. That I made enough money at my art show to get my husband the Christmas present he really wanted.....a flatscreen t.v. He's drooling as we speak. Merry Christmas sweet cheeks.
9. My band. I love the fact that I get to leave one evening a week to make beautiful music with extremely talented people. They are my second family and I love them deeply!
10. That gas prices went down this year. Maybe we'll be able to keep the house at 65! Wahoo!
11. Great friends. I have some pretty amazing friends who serve my by watching my dogs, kids and bringing me chocolate when I've had a bad day.
12. The arrows on the remote that show you which way the batteries go. Really.
13. Olivia, Franklin, Bob, Larry and Bambi. Thanks for keeping my children entertained while I use my steam mop.
13.5 Push up bras. Enough said.
14. Running. I was told as a little girl that I may be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life but God had other plans. I was able to run a marathon relay and will begin training for a triathlon and half marathon as soon as I can get my butt in gear. Don't take movement of your legs for granted!
15. The new coffee shop down the street.....I mean RIGHT down the street. Dangerous.
16. That Bill Clinton is constitutionally prohibited for running for president again.
17. Technology. Although slightly addicting and time sucking, I love it.

I could go on, but I will spare you. Just make sure to be thankful for the big and little things this year!

We're headed to Mount Vernon, Illinois for Thanksgiving tomorrow and will return on Saturday. Taking a sabbatical from blogging and Facebook....but only for a few days. I can't stay away that long.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Can you make your posts longer? I love the song playing with it right now? Would it be considered stalking if I just left your page up and listened all day?