Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's going to be rough.

Rough, I tell you. Very, very most spectacularly rough. I'm talking about aging. Jiggly wrinkly aging. (insert evil laugh here)

Don't laugh. You can snicker, but don't laugh.

I'm turning 29 on the 24th of January and after looking in the mirror this morning I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be very very rough on me. Yes, I am still in my twenties....I have one year left, don't rush it people! I wasn't kind to my face when I was in high school. In fact I was down right evil to my face. Who would have thought rubbing on baby oil and baking in the sun would turn out to be a horrible idea. Horrible, horrible, horrible. It was a horrible idea, but I thought being tan was cool. Oh my poor face does not think so. It doesn't help that we are mid winter and everything is dry (including my face) and you can see every little wrinkle and zit for that matter (why on earth do I still have zits!? I'm not in high school anymore! Make it stop!!) It also doesn't help that the man I am married to pointed out a few more lines on my face, "oh yea, I noticed a few more lines on your face the other day....." That is not a way to start a conversation or end one either...because that's what I did...ended that conversation. He also made the point this morning while I was freaking out in the car mirror, that if I'm having a hard time with aging when I'm almost 29, I'm REALLY going to have a problem when I'm 60. Point well taken.

I've also noticed a few areas that were firm before, are not longer firm. In fact there was some vibration in these certain areas and that is not cool at all. Almost not as cool as the lines on my face. Yes, I haven't been able to get outside to run as much as I want but I'm still able to work out inside. It's just not the same and I'm beginning to feel the consequences of the dreaded elliptical. My jiggly body longs get outside on that pavement where I will most definitely feel the jiggle, but hopefully it will go away faster!

So I'm trying my best to age gracefully and with joy, but it's going to be rough.

...now you can laugh.

Oh, I almost forgot! My sister in law Bri got me the coolest Christmas present ever. She had the first year of this blog published into a book! All 380 pages and photos. It is amazing. Since this blog has become a document for all the wild and crazy adventures of my boys' lives, she found it necessary to have a hard copy. LOVE IT. I'm going to save up and publish 2009.

4 comments:

Julie Jimmerson said...

Can you please tell me where your SIL had your blog published into a book at??
I really need to put mine into a book!

Crazy Mom said...

Dude, I love being in my 30's. As soon as I had 3 kids and was 30 I actually felt like an adult and I tell people more what I think instead of being afraid. I totally can't wait until my 40's when the kids are old enough to entertain themselves and I'll still be young enough to partay. That's what all my 40ish friends do now anyways!!! Yahoo!!!

Julie Jimmerson said...

Thanks for the website!

Stacy said...

All I can say is: 40. *whimper*