Saturday, December 26, 2009

Moving on...

I'm the kind of person that likes to get things moving. I don't usually linger and only a few things in life make me sentimental, or so I'd like to think. Christmas is over, so before noon I have taken the tree down, put everything away that is Christmasy and given the new toys homes in new storage containers. I've also moved furniture around like it's my job.....because it is. Call me crazy, but I wanted my living room back and the tree, as pretty as it may be, was taking up 1/4th of it. I love Christmas and decorating but I also like to move it along. The goal for the new year is to possibly re-paint the very blue living room and continue up the stairs, paint the stairs and find a new comfy couch for the husband. We will also be waiting for that anticipated tax refund before we start anything. My last student loan is in the $6,000 range which couldn't make us happier. It is also another goal to get that stinkin thing paid off soon!
Speaking of husband. It has been amazing to have him home for a few days. He is a work-a-holic and would be there right now if I didn't hide his keys. Just kidding, I didn't hide his keys but the thought has crossed my mind. He took the boys outside to play today and I have him hard at work doing project that have been waiting for him to be home (which is a miracle in itself) I have also very much just enjoyed his company and conversation. It seems like I don't get enough adult conversation during the day and by the end, find myself mumbling in two year old gibberish. The boys are still enamored by their new toys....this should last for about a week. I am moving on with the new year, contemplating not making any huge resolutions even though I have already mentally started to make a list.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and continue to enjoy some time off. Travel safely (as my parents drive back from Louisiana today!) and keep the reason for the season in mind!

2 comments:

jamie k said...

I didn't read this before i sent my email to you! :) about our husbands being gone.... :)
i love toys in containers too! must have!

Jill Kapfer said...

Maybe you can come take down my tree too. I'm slightly worried that it may be up until April as the baby could arrive anytime and once that happens, I highly doubt that the tree will be coming down.