Tuesday, December 29, 2009

There's a badge for that....


There are over 100 merit badges that a Boy Scout can earn including archery, bugling, bird watching and dentistry....really! I'm thinking we as parents deserve merit badges of our own. For example, there would be your typical run of the mill badges like the endured teething badge, Boogie man disposal badge and the kiss it and make it better badge. Most parents would get these badges quite easily and of course be proud in the process. However there would be a few badges that would take some extreme parenting skills to come by. These badges would be the caught projective vomit in hands badge, the used tweezers to remove a hard booger badge and my all time favorite....used bare hands to wipe poo from hiney badge. These badges would be worn with pride and be the envy of other parents all around the world.

I'm sure he wouldn't be the first, but my husband would receive the illusive used bare hands to wipe poo from hiney badge. Honey, I salute you! I'll spare you the story on this one, you'll thank me later.

I'm on my way to earning the kids are always naked badge.....

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ewww! You'll have to forgive us if we don't shake hands with Lonnie at church next week.

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the laughs first thing in the morning! I just don't know how or why a person would wipe poo with their hands, but I guess that's why I have dogs and not children :)

Darryl said...

I have this badge already.
Trust us, we didn't want the badge, it just happened. It was awarded after an act of despiration!!

AnE said...

I need to hear the hand poo whiping story, to know what would ever posses you to do that!!! LOL

AnE said...

okay that was written wrong...wiping not whiping!