7. Flirt. Yes, flirt. He flirts with girls of all ages. We're going to have a talk about this later.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
7. Flirt. Yes, flirt. He flirts with girls of all ages. We're going to have a talk about this later.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
And now for something completely different.....
We have Baylor's preschool open house tonight! Yikes! My child is going to preschool in the fall! Where on earth has the time gone? I'm already "fweekin out" as Baylor says. Since he is a very late summer birthday we put him with the three year old class that meets Tuesdays and Thursday mornings. I think this will be much better for him, seeing as he can't sit still for more than five seconds and he's a boy. A few of his teachers go to our church so that makes it slightly less intimidating. Either way, my baby is off to school soon!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Here it is! The new cd from the Eastern Iowa Brass Band!
Featuring the cornet section and yours truly. I wear my nerd badge with pride today.
We have our spring concert tonight (7:30 in the Mount Vernon Middle School auditorium) I have two tickets up for grabs if anyone wants to go! Just let me know (call, email, comment, smoke signals) It will be a stellar concert and I think all you locals should get your hineys out there on this rainy day and listen to some amazing brass. Seriously, it's not as dorky as you think. I dare you to to listen and not enjoy it.
I am running on empty....or three hours of sleep. I think my kids know when I need sleep the most and then revolt. They were both up from around midnight to three in the morning. We don't have central air and it was about 90 degrees upstairs, they were totally overstimulated and exhausted from yesterday so I'm blaming that. That...and their uncanny ability to steal my beauty sleep and Lord knows I need it. Tonight will be another late night and I have a new sitter so we'll see how things go. I pray for peaceful sleep without any crying tonight! I don't want to get, "the call" at the concert. Poor Lonnie got into Sioux City at 3 am last night so we are both in the same boat. I told him to spend the night and sleep in tomorrow because I'd rather have him drive awake and safe then get home grumpy and tired.
I did however manage to steal two hours to myself this morning and use a massage coupon that I'd been holding on to for dear life. Shannon and Alivia watched the boys (thank you thank you !) while I drove to Iowa City (very very slowly I might add..keeping my eyes peeled for mister state patrol) I enjoyed an hour long massage and could barely pull myself off the table when she said it was over. I wanted to give her a big hug, but I refrained. It was amazing. I really really really needed it.
Friday, April 24, 2009
That's right. Even pirates wear pink. This is a manly pirate pink though. Baylor let his buddy Caleb have the more manly green pirate hat :) It was hot enough this morning to banish the shirts.
This is the typical pirate face.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
W H I T E.
I don't do tanning, but I'm seriously considering just placing my legs under the tanning bed.
It's warm today. Did you hear me....WARM!!!! Warm enough for shorts (hence the shades) and flip flops. I did what any woman would do when the weather gets nice.
1. Changed the oil in the mower
2. Drug my kids to the hardware store to buy a mower blade
3. Replaced the mower blade using my brute force.
4. Mowed.....a teeny tiny little patch. (I must wait until the boss gets home since he is the turf Nazi)
5. Planted onions
6. Watched Brody pick the onions and trample all over them
7. Cried onion tears (it's going to be a long summer trying to keep the short one OUT of the garden!)
I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments today (if you couldn't tell) and I'm even more excited that it's band night. I need a break...a musical break. Music without words.
Speaking of....we have our spring subscription concert Saturday at 7:30pm in the middle school auditorium. I highly suggest going. HIGHLY.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I snapped this photo of our neighbor's garbage cans strewn about their yards because I found it mildly amusing this morning. They look like poor fallen solders. I supposed I could go out there and put them back....but taking a photo and then giggling is much more entertaining.
Oh yes, and this. This....pile of chewed apples. Give you one good guess as to who is the bandit who stole the apple (actually it was more like, "Baylor don't give Brody that apple...you know what happens." then, "Mom, I gave Brody my apple!" Great. Now visualize many many more piles of apple chunks laying all over my freshly vacuumed floor.
One of their favorite hiding places....on top of the washing machine during spin cycle...strange children.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Baylor was clearly concerned that I might cut his ears off, so I resorted to the bribery of a small child with one sugary sucker. His hair is very very fine so when it gets longer it looks fuzzy, that's why I cut it so often. We're (Lonnie and I) are also a fan of clean cut boys. So Brody went first and then after much persuasion, Baylor followed.
This is my favorite photo. (Dear Lord no, make it stop!)
He's asking me if I was finished in this one, but I had just started. I also had to plug his ears for him with one hand and cut with the other.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
I think spring has finally decided to show up. It has been almost 70 the past few days (thus the lack of posting) and we have been outside playing, scooping doggie bombs and eating ladybugs. Unfortunately the boys decided to boycott sleep the past few nights too and I am so exhausted. Baylor has made it a very very bad habit to join whoever is sleeping in the big bed at three in the morning and Brody just cries about three times a night. I wish I could blame something like an ear infection or teeth but I just can't seem to find anything. I even laid the spankin spoon in the hallway last night to scare the bejeebies out of Baylor and it failed miserably. It failed because the person on the other end of the spanking (that would be me) was so tired she could barely open one eyelid to see what midget was climbing into bed with her. I'm not sure what it is with my kids and sleep, but it needs to be resolved.
I'm playing with the Cornell band tonight if you are all bored and want something to do. The concert starts at 7:30 in King Chapel and it's free. Woo hoo. I also get to wear a dress and I'm totally stoked. It's not that often that I get to change out of my snot encrusted jeans into something more ladylike! I intend to take full advantage of this.
Have a marvelous weekend!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
It's amazing today. Getting so much spring cleaning done! Too much work to write something intelligent or witty.
Enjoy the day!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Baylor riding Elvis the crazy mini pony.
He was thrilled to say the least.
Brody got his chance to play cowboy too.
Yea, got me some eggs.
The Easter express.
The egg hunters in action.
My cousin's little girl Tilden and Brody.
Friday, April 10, 2009
We had company for lunch and we're having company for dinner so this is probably why the sour behavior. I think kids can sense when we want them on their best behavior AND do their darndest to not act in a pleasing way. I thought having them play outside for long periods of time would be a great way to release the grump but it only lead to, "lets find every object that is sharp and painful and use it as a weapon against your brother." I did not find that amusing and neither did Brody. One bleeding cheek and bruised leg later......I finally had to stick a Veggie Tales DVD in and walk away for fear of imploding. I'm hoping I can use the "oh, he's tired" excuse but I don't know if that will fly. He needs a swift kick in the hiney from the man of the house (no, we don't kick our children..it's a joke!)
But Brody seems to make me smile no matter what kind of mood I am in (even though he is a whiney pants too!) He let this big ole man fart out and giggled, turned to me and said, "ooooohhh, I toooooooted mom!" Typical male. Nothing like passing gas to amuse.
Cornell is having a home meet tomorrow and it's supposed to be nice out. I'm thrilled because it's going to be sunny AND Lonnie is close to home! So if you're in the mood for a good track meet, head over to the track. The running events start at 10.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
1. I give my boys a bath almost every night.
2. I recently found out that there is a sex offender living a block away and I'm a little freaked out. Luckily he's living there illegally and will be moving soon. I'm still freaked out.
3. I made brownies today just for the heck of it.
4. I have plants in the trunk of my car and I'm too lazy to walk outside and take them out.
5. My kids watched a John Deere DVD this morning simply because I needed time to shower....alone...in peace.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
I love these punks. Just look at their cuteness. I captured them before violence erupted (see that ball in Baylor's hand...in a few moments, that would be the cause of major drama) These are their Easter shirts but since we'll be in Illinois for Easter, I thought we could bust them out a week early. I got them for $2.50 a piece at Target on the sale rack which makes them even sweeter. Still working on the pants, but Easter really isn't about the cute outfits. My mom scarred me for life by making us dress alike in flowery poof (sorry mom, I still love you) Along with my permed bangs and filly socks.....makes me shudder.
Alright, back to making art in the kitchen while these cute punks are still sleeping.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
The other child has taken up the art of table dancing. He also decided that peanut butter is great for the complexion (not so good for the clothes!)
Supposed to get a winter storm....in April. I'm not happy about that. I am happy that we get to watch Mason tonight so his parents can enjoy some time alone. We're going to teach him how to defend himself :)
P.S check out my art blog, I just added some new artwork!
Friday, April 3, 2009
"Why are you naked?"
"Where are your clothes?"
"Go find your clothes!"
"You put your underwear where?"
I get such a simple honest answer.
"Because I just wanted to be naked mom."
I think I'm raising a nudist!
Happy Friday. Go be naked.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Speaking of the little monkey. Here he is sitting in my crock...yes, I said crock. It's an antique but we use it to store magazines and small children.
It's band night yo.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
1. On Sunday, Baylor deemed it necessary to relieve himself in my running shoe. He hid behind the chair and then came back with a huge grin on his face. I picked up my shoe only to find about an inch of urine dripping out of it. Try to discipline when you can't stop laughing....
2. While riding in the car today, I watched this teenage girl text message while driving. She rarely looked up. It infuriated me. The safety of my family is at the hands of a teenage idiot. So if you text, don't do it while driving.....or you deserve a big spanking or a non life threatening collision to get your act together! U R AN IDIOT.
3. My husband took the morning off and we took the kids to the germapalooza aka the indoor play area at the mall. My kids were awesome. I couldn't be prouder of their behavior....Lonnie behaved pretty nicely too.
4. I am working on commission artwork for a friend from high school. It should be cool...if I can ever find the time to work on it!
5. I really really really need it to get warmer out. We want to play outside and I want to start my garden planning. A little sun on these pasty legs would be nice too.
6. Our brass band spring subscription concert is coming up on Saturday April 25th at 7:30pm. I think you all (if you're around) should go. It's a great date night and if you think you won't like it, I dare you to try one concert first.
7. Both of my kids slept through the night and didn't get out of bed until seven! This was MUCH needed.