Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bedtime battles the saga continues

Oh how I have been in a funk these last few days. The sun has not showed it's beautiful glowing face until today after a week of gloom and doom. The boys have been fighting non stop and Brody hasn't taken a nap in a week which means evening melt downs. I have been super grumpy and just plain down. We have also been having sleeping issues with Baylor EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I am beginning to feel like I have a newborn again with the amount of time that he is up. They begin the night fine but then around midnight Baylor wakes up screaming and saying he is scared, thus waking up his brother and freaking him out too. After finally calming him down, he insists on one of us (usually me) sleeping with him (a big no no) Then starts crying all over again. After he FINALLY falls asleep he usually wakes up again at around 4 and comes into our room asking to get in bed because he is scared (also another no no) By this time, I am so out of it and exhausted that I say yes (which is also a no no) I am grumpy and tired every morning and angry at Baylor. He is also grumpy and angry and that makes for very long days. He is 4.5 and needs to learn how to sleep with his brother.....alone....until the morning. I need help. Help! Advice? Getting desperate.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Here is what we do when we have a bad sleeper at our house. Move everyone else out of that bedroom until the offender can figure out how to sleep all night, this usually involves some crying. I know that may not work for all kids, but so far so good here.

Crazy Mom said...

I think what would cure your troubles is a looong weekend in Chicago. My kids have some days off coming up....
:-)