Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti on my heart

I have had Haiti in my prayers and on my mind this week, as I'm sure most of us have. This morning in particular, my husband mentioned something about the orphans that survived the earthquake and my heart just broke. I couldn't imagine the pain that these children will and are going through losing their parents. Here is some information that our church has put out on getting our senators to pass a open border adoption policy.

You can contact our Senators (info below). One of the great needs that will come out of this disaster is orphans. Huge number. And most of them will die. Contact Senators Grassley and Harkin and suggest that for this crisis they try to create an "open border adoption policy" that will allow families to adopt Haitian children in an extremely expedient manner...minimal paperwork, minimal-to-no-cost. Maybe others would be encouraged to contact our legislators with similar requests. That is something you can be specific in prayer about as well as even praying about adopting an orphan.
Senator Chuck Grassley - (319) 363-6832 Cedar Rapids office, (202) 224-3744 Washington DC office, or send a message at
www.grassley.senate.gov/contact.cfm.
Senator Tom Harkin - (319) 365-4504 Cedar Rapids office, (202) 224-3254 Washington DC office, or send a message at
www.harkin.senate.gov/c/.

Maybe this will strike a chord in your heart today, I know it did for me.

No comments: