Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's my birthday baby!

Ah, it's my birthday baby. I love birthdays. I don't care how old I am (29...one year left in my twenties, then I suppose I have to start acting like an adult eh?) It's been wonderful so far. I had celebratory donuts and coffee (thus making us very late for church, but totally worth it) that Lonnie brought me after he let me sleep in a little bit (actually I wasn't sleeping, I was just listening to my boys laugh and play together downstairs which is music to my ears) Last night my parents took the boys while Lonnie took me birthday shopping. I picked out a few choice items like new bowls (really, bowls....more on those later) and some kettle bells (totally awesome) and a new purse. A totally-not-me-hot-pink-hip-mom-purse. Along with some Old Navy super clearance clothes and I got measured for a road bike for my triathlon dreams. My mom and dad then took the boys shopping at Wally world for gifts for their mom. They had to earn their spending money, so she put them to work. They made me a cake (in which I will be partaking of very soon) and were very good. We are celebrating with ice cream cupcakes, cake and steak (a most perfect combination and after losing 10 lbs the awful way, I think my body deserves it) I didn't have to clean up any puke (so far so good, Baylor still hasn't gotten it...praying!!) My Internet is working (for right now at least) for the first time in a week. Amazing how isolated you feel with no contact to the, "outside" world via email, Facebook or blogs?! I was having withdrawal, but now I'm better.

Beside the fact that we're having MAJOR napping/sleeping battles that might drive me to the brink of insanity, it's been wonderful, thanks for all the birthday wishes and goodies. You rock.


No comments: