Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh, where do I begin....

Well, the Internet has been out at the Speidel house and my dear husband and I were camped out on the bathroom floors, curled up next to a toilets. Brody decided to share his stomach bug with us and boy did he share. We always seem to get this at the same time, which makes it near impossible to watch our kids. To spare you gross details, I don't remember being so sick and lost 10 lbs. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, it was awful. The boys raided the pantry, ate Popsicles and suckers for every meal and watched more t.v then they have watched in their lifetime.....but you do what you gotta do. Baylor has seemed to miss the bug (so far) I'm almost wishing he would get it and get it over with. I have a permanent bucket placed by his bed just in cast. We are amongst the living (sort of) today but recovering slowly! Going to have my first piece of solid food in 36 hours....

Oh yes, I went to the Dermatologist before I came down with the evil bug and he concluded that I had Chilblains Pernio as a reaction to cold. Apparently (like this was a big surprise!) our house is too cold. It's a result of bad circulation and a few other things including cold tootsies. I'm supposed to take a baby aspirin and buy new socks and slippers. The heat will stay low, especially after last month's heating bill, but I will wear warmer socks and slippers.

Now that you have a complete medical rundown of our family, it's time to lay down.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

oh dear, I do understand, we had that bug over Christmas. Not good. Hope you are all on the mend very soon!

Jill Kapfer said...

You do what you gotta do...I'm sure their brains aren't total mush yet! Glad that you are on the road to recovery.