Friday, January 29, 2010

Parenting for Dummies

If only it were that easy. I simple reference manual for us parents telling us what to do. With chapters such as What to do when your child refuses to put their clothes back on and Screaming, tantrums and defiance: what to do when your child won't listen. This has been such a challenging week from a parenting standpoint. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that we have not been able to get out of the house and therefor have a lot of pent up aggression. Aggression with the boys towards each other and aggression from me towards my kids. I know everyone has bad days and frustrating days, but it seems like every single day this week has been more challenging than the next. The boys have been fighting constantly, talking back, being defiant and not listening along with obeying to say the least. I feel like since they are with me ALL THE TIME, they feel like they don't have to listen to me any more. I feel like such a failure when this happens. I know that parenting is an adventure to say the least but this adventure isn't turning out the way I want.

So I will try and try again.

Going to read my manual now.

1 comment:

Crazy Mom said...

Do not be afraid to use the power of alcohol to calm thyself. It's a parenting goldmine.