Monday, January 4, 2010

She barely tolerates people...

...."she barely tolerates people," were the words that came out of my Kindergarten teacher's mouth when describing my attitude towards my classmates. Of course the words brilliant and creative also came out of her mouth, but these came first. Apparently, ever since I was a wee little girl I have had a problem tolerating certain people's behaviors and attitudes. I myself having a high strung and hard headed attitude along with a very competitive spirit. Now there are certain people in life that you want to pinch or box their ears but in the words of mama Koser, "God still loves them!" She would utter those words to me after I would come home from school grumbling about someone who annoyed me. True, God still loves them and I should too (and I do) but it doesn't make me want to box their ears any less. Call me feisty, call me scrappy, but when someone enters into my list of pet peeves, it's hard to not want to flick them in the nose. Also, not advocating violence to solve your problems, just mine. Now my list of pet peeves isn't too long, some include people who drive in the left lane (the passing lane) and stay there driving unspeakably slow, people who always make a point to tell you or show you that they are right, people who walk in the EXIT at Wal-Mart when it clearly says EXIT, bad grammar and people who don't wipe their nasty butt sweat off the exercise equipment at the gym (I totally saw you!) Do having these pet peeves and low tolerance for stupidity make me a bad person? I don't think so, but I'm sure I could also use a smidgen of humility and empathy at certain times during the day. I think my spunkiness has gotten me far in life and I refuse to apologize for it. Like today. I'm having one of those low tolerance of stupidity days. I'm sure it will pass.......

That is all I have to say about that, carry on and stay warm.

3 comments:

Janice said...

OH OH the going in the exit and out the enter drives me NUTS!!!!! Especially when they give that "you are in my way" look and they are the ones going out or in the opposite door!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

Dean and I sat at the Subway in Wal-Mart one day, looking at a few things, one was the number of people using the wrong door, one was the number of grumpy people, and the other will remain unsaid.

Keely A. Fox said...

I agree with you completely. I will admit myself I've went in the wrong door at Wal-Mart but thats only because they switched the EXIT and ENTER. I'm so used to one way its automatic.