Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday's Musings

Just a few photos from the art night that I had this weekend. A lot of friends stopped by and it was great to see them and I am grateful for their support. I sold two windows which was a huge blessing!

It was valentines weekend and that meant we needed to have some heart shaped pancakes. The boys loved them. Like most Saturday mornings Lonnie is away at track meets so I like to do something special for the boys. Since it seems like they spend every waking hour with their mother, I also try to make their time with daddy special too.

Today because of the holiday (Happy birthday Abe, George and uh...er...presidents) my mom had the day off and we decided to brave the Coralridge mall and take the boys to the Iowa Children's Museum. They have never been there and since I'm a big germ freak I'd had a hard time letting them go, but since we've been sick all winter...what the heck! It was a little pricey for my taste but the boys seemed to have fun. There were also a million kids there and as my mom and I crawled on our hands and knees (past the moms in their designer jeans holding their Starbucks) and went down the slides and tunnels we couldn't help but laugh. The boys had a blast and were (for the most part) well behaved. We had two minor meltdowns and one minor escape, all from the shortest one.

Tomorrow we brave preschool. We've been having some major problems with Baylor having super anxiety freak out attacks anywhere we drop him off. Preschool, BSF, Awana and Children's church. He starts crying and screaming and telling us he's scared. Part of me knows it's just and act but the other part thinks he really is scared. The teachers have told me he has cried for as much as twenty minutes and then hid under a table for another twenty minutes. I'm not sure where this behavior is coming from but it is NOT like Baylor at all. I don't want to make his teachers dislike him He used to love to go to all of these activities. It's really stressing me out and making me not want to take him anywhere. I'm hoping and praying that his behavior is just a stage, as I'm certain he will not walk across the stage to get his diploma clinging to my leg (although that might be a fun picture) I am also hoping I am not the only mother that goes through throw down knock out melting toddler tantrums and four year olds who refuse to go anywhere. Please tell me I'm not......


Please.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Kim said...

One of my brothers did the same thing. Almost drove Mom crazy. However, he did walk across the stage by himself at graduation...hang in there!

Jill Kapfer said...

Just keep taking him. If you stop, it will never get better. I think it's just a stage. Abbie has dance class every week and used to run right in. Now I have to pry her off my leg to go. I have no idea what happened. Hang in there...I'm sure that his teachers are used to this, they're not going to hate him!