Monday, May 10, 2010

Divine Interventions

A friend once told me that if God provided everything and then some for us, we wouldn't learn how to trust and how to depend on Him. How true that is! I can't count how many times that we have had to trust that God is looking out for us. We've had to trust that we would make it through the month financially, that He would heal the ailments and provide for the needs of our family. When I say needs, I'm talking about the essentials of living, not the things that make us comfortable. I feel that God blesses our family tremendously because I choose to stay home with my children, and that is just the beginning. I like to call the times that God just blows my mind, Divine Interventions. I have learned to be thankful for EVERYTHING that God provides, whether it be large or small. Nothing happens be coincidence, it is for sure a divine intervention!
We had been informed about a year ago after the passing of my great Aunt Lois that some money would be coming our way. We didn't know how much and were pretty sure that it wouldn't be very much, but we were thankful for anything! She was a great lady and loved to give and gave to many organizations. A year passed and we had forgotten about the money and moved on with our lives. Now one of our goals is to pay the last loan off, my student loan (Thank you Cornell!) and that is why I have taken on a third job at the coffee shop. Still trusting that God would provide, the task at hand seemed daunting and impossible. I am also convinced that when one thing breaks (the washing machine) that everything else follow suit in our house (the window, the car, the crack in the bathtub) So that had been added to our things to pay off. Once again, hating debt and working to be debt free! Okay, back to the story.......so on Sunday, we received a phone call from my Grandma saying that they had finally resolved all of the hold ups with the inheritance money and that we were going to receive our check soon. Not only would the check cover the remaining balance on my student loan, but it would pay for the broken window and wash machine! God is SO good! We can finally start saving for the boys' college, putting away some emergency money and will be debt free (except the house) soon! How awesome is that. It may seem like a little thing, but it's HUGE to us.

Divine intervention my friends, DIVINE!

5 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Oh Keri, that is wonderful! How exciting to be done with college loans, and even more that the money covered the window and wash machine too! That is so God!

jamie said...

dude that is AWESOME! praise the LORD

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing, that is outstanding news and to God be the glory.

Crazy Mom said...

It sounds to me like a trip to Naperville is in your future.

Janice said...

That is Awesome! Now you are so much closer to your swagger wagon!