Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday

1. Thankful for my camera and the looks I get from this little dude. Mom, seriously stop taking my photo. You may be wondering what car this is in because their feet aren't smushed up against the seats. We had a rental van for a day while our car was being fixed. To put an end to rumors no we aren't getting a van or new car or new van or goat for that matter. I was however swayed a little by the fact that they couldn't touch each other. Amazing. In case you missed it, this commercial rocks.
2. The new bunk beds. Really. Okay, these aren't the bunk beds, but I am so thrilled that Brody can't get down from his nap and has to be at my mercy!!! There is so much more room for storage and they boys seem to be sleeping better....as well as my children sleep....which isn't really good at all. Amen.
3. The pure joy and entertainment factor stemming from the short one. He cracks me up. He cracks my friends up. He cracks the ladies at the Dr's office up too. I'd like to say he got my sense of humor but since he's a carbon copy of Lonnie......
4. Warmer sunny days and trips to the park. Reminds me of a line from Forrest gump, "Jenny taught me how to climb. I taught her how to dangle."

"Brody taught me how to spin. I taught him how to hang on for dear life!"
5. My baby who is growing up! He is officially registered for AK in the afternoon's starting this fall. Holy cow, where did the time go. He's also growing out of his shoes...again!
6. Not so much thankful for the dogs that shed all over my house, bark at leaves and eat sand toys. I am however grateful that Brody loves them so much...almost too much. He's lucky he hasn't gotten a nip to the nose for what he does to these poor dogs. I'm pretty sure if I were given a screw driver enema, I'd try to bite someones face off too.

7. Track is ALMOST OVER. I get my husband back on weekends! Hooray. Can't be more excited.

8. My echo cardiogram came back with no unusual findings. So my heart is healthy. Now we just have to figure out why the hands and feet are purple and tingly.

9. My family. I love them all. My in laws and cousins and grandparents etc. I am so thankful for such great family. We may not see each other often, but we all share the love in one way or another.

10. Sweet red wine. I really can't stand red wine and found a nice sweeter one with all of the heart benefits. I've enjoyed a glass or two each night trying to unwind after speeding ticket, working three part time jobs (coffee shop, cleaning houses and artwork) and dealing with obnoxious people.
As chaos seems to settle in (in my brain at least) I always have to remind myself of the things I'm thankful for, even if they're small. I'm the type of person that has to be doing something at all times, I'm not sure if that is classified as ADD or OCD, but it has it's benefits and downfalls. Some benefits being 1. I get a lot done during the day 2. I can't go to bed if the kitchen is dirty 2. I'm hopefully teaching my children the value of hard work because it seems to be lacking from our society these days. The downfalls are 1. I'm pretty exhausted but don't nap or sleep well 2. I don't know the meaning of the word relax 3. There have been a few projects that I've, "skimped" on in order to get them done and that isn't good at all. These projects usually involve dishes....and the food that I missed on the backside of the pans. Such is life.

No matter how hectic or chaotic my schedule seems to get finding the time to do a few little things like read my bible, kiss my husband and play with my kids always makes my day go so much better. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I'd like to read a magazine, punch my husband in the arm and lock my children in their room, but at least I'm making an effort, right? Being thankful for little things is what its all about.

Now I'm off to search for the missing Incredibles DVD we borrowed from the library.....excellent!


No comments: