Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend Update: With Wall-E

That's right. You're looking at one cute tush. One cute potty trained tush. One cute magically self potty trained tush. I'm not sure how we lucked on this one, but Brody miraculously potty trained himself overnight. We didn't want to push it and waited until he was ready and boy did it pay off. He does need to be taken to the potty or reminded, but he's only had a few accidents and has made it through car rides, stores and playdates without an accident. I didn't want to buy pull-ups because I think it's really just a big boy diaper and a waste of money, so I let him wear big boy pants and let him feel what it was like to wear underwear when they have been peed in. Needless to say he didn't like it. Starbursts were the bribe of choice, which were much cheaper than Thomas the Train with Baylor!
I was dreading potty training, but am pleased to announce that there will be no more diaper buying in this house! Now bedtimes are a different story, but we can handle one pull-up for each boy at night....at least for a little bit! Way to go Brody Man, we are so proud of you!

Another HUGE deal in our house is that my student loan is PAID OFF!! Wahoo! Unfortunately, we did receive a rather enormous medical bill right after paying off the student loan, but it's still an accomplishment! I do have to appreciate the music/academic scholarship along with a little help from my parents or I would be paying off student loans until I was 50. Thanks Mom and Dad, I hope we can help the boys a little with their schooling some day.

It's been a great weekend home with my family and friends. Lonnie is officially done with track for the season and minus a few recruiting trips and meetings, his travel is less and weekends are free! This means full training for my two triathlons that I have signed up for! (yes, two.....Camp Courageous in August and the Trihawk in September) I'm super excited and have a few friends who will be my training/advice gurus.

Hope you all had a marvelous weekend!

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Congratulations on the potty training. I'm hoping it will go well for us this summer. No pull-ups in our house either.

Jill Kapfer said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Perhaps the second child is easier. I refuse to do pull-ups with Jonah. He has a few pair of underwear...little boy underwear is so darn cute. I'm not going to push it though. He'll do it when he's good and ready!