Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Who are you?!

So I have been secretly (or not so secretly) tracking this blog to see how many hits and page loads it gets because I was curious. I was blown away by the actual total number per day and then realized that I really need to proof read before I hit, "publish post." Thank goodness for spell check! I should probably also cut out the use of words such as penis, boobies, poo flinger and streaker because my family might have me admitted. They make the story so much more interesting.
Aside from the fact that I enjoy writing about the very adventurous yet random happenings in our every day life, I am also very honored to know that people actually think I'm cool enough to read. Maybe you're the opposite and think I'm a blathering idiot and use my lack of sentence structure and proper grammar as jokes in your stand up comedy routine. Whatever floats your boat. I am however, very curious to see who reads this blog. I know who some of you are (yes, even you) but I know there are some bashful blog readers that need to speak up. So here is what you are going to do. 1. Leave a comment, even if it's anonymous 2. Tell me why you enjoy reading this blog (or don't enjoy reading it, but be nice, I'm sensitive)

Deal?

Here, I'll give you an example:

Name: Hotmama
Comment: Hi, my name is Betty Lou and I live in Texas and I love your blog. I don't have any children yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd like to request girls. Is that possible? Keep up the good work.

or

Name: Pooflinger
Comment: I don't really like your blog, however I am drawn to it because of your amazing writing skills.

C'mon. Do it. Don't be scared.

If you're a creeper and use this blog to look at pictures of little kids, then you deserve to be kicked in the groin.....hard. I really don't want to hear from you, in fact I would quite appreciate it if you never visited this site again.

To all of the rest of you, thanks for reading! I'm glad you think I'm cool.

19 comments:

PhilD41 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Kac's said...

I love reading your blog because I think you're a hilarious story teller and I only laugh a little because I know my boy will do just as many crazy things as your boys do. It's like getting sneak peek into the future. It's also fun to keep up with an old high school friend and see what amazing and talented artwork and house projects you're up to now...as well as hear about life as a wife and mom.

Lindsay said...

Your blog makes me laugh so, so much. It also reminds me why I don't have children of my own :) I never noticed your grammar or lack of sentence structure, but I don't notice it in mine, either! Keep posting- I always look forward to the happenings of your family!

Dawn said...

I enjoy your blog for your humor and the love shown.

Erika Maia said...

I'm one of those that you don't know! I don't even remember how I came across your blog, but I love your wit and sarcasm. I'm not a mom (yet), but I look forward to the day that I am. Your blog shows both the wonderful and the challenging, less wonderful aspects of parenthood. I also enjoy reading about your honest and pure love for Christ. Your stories are inspiring and fun to read :)
Erika from New Mexico

Brianna said...

I love reading your blog because it's a little peek into your lives from far away. I can sit and imagine living in the same area some day. And by same area, all I really mean is an easy drive (say 8 hours or under?)We'd have lots of great adventures :)

P.S. Random- one of my friends loved your painting in our room...I was like "yeah, my awesome sister-in-law painted that, she's all awesome and stuff"

codi said...

Hey, Keri! I have recently found you again, so to speak:)...I remember coming across your blog a long time ago & loving it because you have two boys, as do I, (though I have a girl after the two boys) & I have appreciated your honesty & sense of humor about raising boys. You're doing a fabulous job, btw! Blessings!

Andrea G. said...

I love to read your blog! I too enjoy your perspective and love for the Lord and for your children!

Miss K's Mommy said...

I'm not a creeper, I swear! I just have your blog link saved in my favorites and I check it often:) because you CRACK ME UP! Keep up the good posting!
-Sarah Pedrick Conner

Stacia said...

After hearing many of your mom's stories about you and your bro, I love hearing about the adventures your boys are taking you on! (is that bad grammar?)

And now that we have a little fella, I'm also 'using' you as a warning of what is yet to come. Thanks for the heads up!

Meredith said...

hi keri - i love reading your blog! i think you have hilarious stories to tell and tell them SOO well!! keep up the great writing!! - meredith pedde

Janice said...

I love reading your blog b/c you crack me up, its fun, adventurous and pure.
I also get sad when I am at the computer and you don't have a new blog post up yet :)

Jill said...

hi there- i think you already know i read your blog as a mother of 3 boys, I don't think your stories are all that far flung - poo or otherwise. i can relate! love your sense of humor, and of course your awesome creative talent. thanks for sharing it with everyone. This is one of the many reasons God created you! how awesome to hear from people you don't know personally!

Jill said...

also, I noticed you had to remove a comment. if you find that more and more people you don't know are reading your blog and want an added measure of 'security' you can turn on 'comment moderation' so that you view all the comments before they show up and delete anything nasty before it is public. we had to do that on our art blog after some random hurtful comment was made. also, will eliminate those crazies who are searching key words like those you mentioned in your post.

Kendra said...

I found your blog through Abby's and I crack up at the stories you tell. You just expresses some the joys of having children so well, poo flinger included!

Allison said...

Hi Keri - I definitely check out both your blogs at least once a week...hilarious lunchtime reading, and I love the art on your other one (obviously, as I keep having to meet you in Mt. Vernon to take more of it to Wisconsin).

Chad said...

Old highschool friend who has kids too who enjoys seeing that his house is "normal" enough compared to others. A mutual friend suggested I check it out. It's a good break from work for five minutes a day.

Myka said...

Name: Little Schmitty
Why do I read your blog? I love hearing about the latest adventures of Baylor & Brody. They are SO entertaining & let me realize what I have to look forward to. :-) I also like reading about how you handle life as a Christian. It's inspiring. <3

cousin-in-law laura said...

love the stories about your boys! matt's always wondering how i'm more on top of the stuff that's going on in his family than he is and i tell him - i read keri's blog, duh!