Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hero

Hero: a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for hisbrave deeds and noble qualities.

Tonight my oldest, after running around in the park with a handful of girls, came sprinting over to me and in a voice so full of joy proclaimed, "MOM, They told me I was their HERO!"
His face lit up and you could tell that the word hero meant so much to this little boy. He knew
that he was being admired by these little girls, even though I'm fairly certain he didn't know what for. I watched as he proudly ran around the playground yelling that he was their hero until they quickly changed their minds, deciding that he was no longer worthy of such a title. He was crushed and there were tears and I swooped in with a motherly, "you will always be my hero." (while unfortunately Enrique Iglesias song, Hero kept playing in my head) I'm sure some day he will regain his hero status in the eyes of his wife and children, just like his father has in his eyes.
Here are my heroes! To the best fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers!
Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you!
...you too, Grandpa Allen!


We love you too Grandpa Mike and miss you so very much.

No comments: