Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pink is a manly color

Today I took the boys to the, "big" swimming pool after saying lots of prayers and loading them with sunscreen. Days before I ran to the local Dollar General and grabbed two sets of arm floaties because neither of my kids can swim yet (we're working on it) and these little inflatable pieces of plastic seem to give them the false sense of security they need, right? At least it gives my mind a little more time to realize where they are before they dive into the deep end. After arriving at the pool, going over proper safety procedures and making sure Brody knew that he had to keep his clothes on, I pulled out the arm floaties.

Pink.

Both were pink.

One would think my boys who are ALL boy would throw fits and require camo or at least a nice shade of blue. Nope. They absolutely loved the pink.

"Oh, mom you got me pink!! I love pink!!"

Wow.

Didn't see that one coming.

So if you happen to be at the Mt.Vernon pool in the near future and see two buzzed little boys splashing around in the water wearing pink arm floaties....well, they belong to me.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hee Hee that is funny. At least they like them and are thankful!