Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And now for something completely different


The perfectly clean and organized house is all but a myth according to me.There is no way that this so called cleanliness is achieved if you have children and/or pets. We like to use the phrase comfortably lived in to describe what our house looks like most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit of a neat freak and sometimes follow my children around and pick up while they are still playing (drives them crazy!) but there is only so much one can do. This is the snap shot of the, "playroom" as it was left right before nap time. Very comfortably lived in indeed and this is nothing compared to the destruction that the short one can do on any given day.
...and that brings me to my next thought....

The rule in our house that is if you are outside you have to be clothed. One would think it is a simple concept, but obviously since I am raising two nudists, it's harder for them to grasp this concept. Baylor wanted to come outside but for some reason that is always beyond me, he was naked. I told him that in order to play outside he had to get shorts on, so he did. Kind of.

He decided that when I said, "go get shorts on" that it meant, "go grab your brother's shirt and squeeze in it, making it into a skirt and that will be just fine." Just like the other day when I said, "Brody please take your shoes off, " and he heard, "Brody please take off all of your clothes."

..and then we have thought number three.....
These two beautiful pieces of art were constructed by my husband. I just want you to take a close look at both of them. One is a beautiful sand castle...or should I say castles and the other is a volcano that he made with the boys last night.

Go ahead and study them, I'll wait.


........

I know, that's what I thought too.

One track mind.

That is all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

Julie L. said...

Thank you for yet again providing some much needed laughter in my day! If it makes you feel better I think I'm raising a nudist as well. Only I have a girl and last time I checked it was less acceptable for little girls to be naked then for little boys to be naked. I'm hoping winter helps :)

Jill said...

ha! you crack me up!

Dawn said...

Good funny stuff!!

I have had a few nudists as well.