One of the best choices was for us to start a family, but along with becoming a parent comes responsibility (or at least we hope so) Things change, most for the better, some for worse (but you already knew that...it's in your wedding vows, right?) A few of my friends have just gotten married or are now expecting their first child and I wonder if they really know what they're in for.
You really know you're a parent when....
1. You consider date night a trip to the grocery store...minus the short ones.
2. You're out with your friends and you excuse yourself to, "go potty."
3. Most of your grocery lists are made out in purple crayon
4. You no longer get any privacy when using, "the potty."
5. You are so in love yet so frustrated all wrapped into one.
6. Sleep becomes for the weak. You survive on caffeine and a prayer.
7. You have mastered the art of speed eating....and can do so standing up.
8. The five second rule turns into the three minute rule.
9. You use baby wipes to dust and hope the dogs clean up the food under the table.
10. You use a chisel and hammer to remove food from the kitchen chairs and the computer keyboard smells like peanut butter.
11. You find yourself using the phrases, "Don't put that in your mouth! Where are your pants? and Don't make me come over there." often.
12. You talk to your mother on the phone and tell her what your child has just done and she laughs.
13. You don't get to take sick days.
14. You magically become a healer by a simple kiss.
15. Although you are tired, grumpy, excited, sad, angry, frustrated, happy, joyful and just about every emotion out there, you have to admit you have the best job in the world.
How do you know when you've become a parent?