Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One whole hand!

This crazy little baby is one whole hand today! Born five years ago after being two weeks late....yes, two weeks. I wanted to punch someone. He finally decided to make an appearance after 24 hours of labor. He was obviously very stubborned from the beginning.
He had an attitude and didn't sleep from the very beginning....nothing has really changed on that front either. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been very blessed to have this amazing little boy in my life and to be his mother. He is such a joy, full of energy and always wanting to learn. He may be nude most of the time but who wants to have the restrictions of clothes anyways?
He has his first, "real" birthday party this weekend. He invited two of his good friends to come over for cake, pinata smashing and cheese pizza! After pumping them full of sugar we sent them home with their parents. Baylor got to have a camp out in the backyard with his dad....his exact words were, "This is the best day of my whole life." We really need to get this kid out more.
I was slightly relieved when he suggested that I sleep inside...in the air conditioning. Oh, I guess....twist my arm. We finally got to use our new fire pit to roast marshmallows and watch things burn (must be a total guy thing)
Here is the dragon cake that my mom and I made for Baylor. The dragon is made from sculpted rice crispy squares and covered in fondant. Those rocks are really chocolate and the eyes are marble....it was pretty sweet if I do say so myself. The cake was bright purple...because that's what the birthday boy requested! I'm thinking we may have set the bar pretty high for birthday cakes now.....

No comments: