Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Battles


It's hard to believe that a cute little faces like these can produce such stressful times in a mother's life. No one can really prepare you for the obstacles and challenges that parenting throws at you. When you become a parent you are instantly filled up with so much love for this new life you have created and it just continues to grow as you want the very best for them. The very best often comes hand and hand with, tantrums, screaming and the battle of the strong wills.

My mom laughed when she handed over the very worn copy of, "How to Raise a Strong Willed Child," by James Dobson.

I now know why she found it amusing.

Only it's not amusing.

Okay, so it's a little amusing.

I know today was just a blip in the radar of parenting, but it made me realize that the root of my problems begins with me. My attitude, my selfishness and strong will. If I change first then the rest will follow. Wanting to raise two polite, caring, kind, fun and godly men in a society where kids disrespect authority and don't know what manner are, can be quite the challenge.

I think I'm up for the challenge.

Just after I finish this glass of wine.....

No, really. Tomorrow is another day, another adventure and hopefully a peaceful less confrontational sparing match.

No comments: