Thursday, September 23, 2010

Who's your Daddy?

How encouraged I am by being able to attend BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) each week. I look forward to the time we spend in God's word, the rich notes from the lecture and being surrounded by other women who are being filled up and consumed with God's true word each week. This year I get to talk about what I've learned with my mom, my sister in law and a handful of close friends (near and far) who have decided to take on the challenge of the book of Isaiah! I highly encourage you ladies to get involved, wherever you might be, in a BSF course this year. You won't regret it.
This morning.....at the butt crack of dawn....the sun wasn't even up yet...as I walked to the coffee shop to open and bake, I was grumbling inside my head, wishing I was still curled up under my comforter. Then I got to thinking what a blessing in disguise it was to be able to open a coffee shop (hello free coffee!) sit in silence and work on my bible study. I am so distracted at home and often find myself making grocery lists, playing on the computer or breaking up fights between two naked little boys using curtain rods as light sabers.
As you know last week....okay, every week has been a challenge for me with the boys. We've hit a stage where I feel like all I do everyday is discipline the boys. I have thought many times that running away would solve the issues of my strong willed children who don't listen. I am often saddened by the fact that my children have learned defiance and rebellion and question my parenting skills daily. In my quest to be the perfect parent, I have fallen very short. What am I doing wrong? What can I do better? But this morning I began to think of our heavenly Father and how disappointed his is when we choose the path of rebellion and defiance. Does he give up? Absolutely not! We are his precious children, we call him Daddy and we are his special gifts. He cares for us tenderly despite our shortcomings, meaningless worship and hardheartedness. He truly is the perfect parent. He deserves our respect, love and obedience.
I have been given two very precious (albeit they are naked most of the time) that have been entrusted into my care. I can't give up now, throwing in the towel is not an option. Just knowing how much God cares for us and how he would never give up on us encourages me to be the mother I need to be. Far from perfect, but filled with an overwhelming love and desire to raise these boys the way God wants.

1 comment:

Andrea G. said...

Awesome thoughts, Keri!