Thursday, October 21, 2010

I can't, I have to practice....

This is what has been consuming me for the past few weeks....lots and lots of practicing.  Our brass band has been very busy getting ready for an upcoming competition in the Chicago area in November.  I have to admit that having two kids who think they need to sing, stomp or play the piano along with you while you practice, has made this quite a challenge.  Brody has misplaced a few pieces of music and ran off with my metronome. I'm usually up for a challenge but it really thrown me for a loop and I've had to re-live college again by escaping to the music practice house on Cornell's campus late at night.  I think all of the hard work should pay off, we're really starting to sound good.  If you're in the St.Charles area on November 6th and are in the mood for some amazing brass bands, you should stop by!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I think I may have heard you practicing at home yesterday when I took Carter to practice.