Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Silver Bullet

Today was a bittersweet day in the Speidel house as we said goodbye to my first car, Bessie, the very reliable yet super small Carolla.  We have been toying with getting a bigger vehicle for obvious reasons such as the boys are growing and transporting my artwork around.  We stumbled upon this Ford Freestyle with low mileage and a great price at Cross Roads Car Company in North Liberty, owned by friends of our family.  We prayed about trading in the Carolla and they gave us a deal we just couldn't pass up.  So meet The Silver Bullet, the non mini van (sorry, I just can't do vans! Right Jen?) cross over. It seats 8 but don't let that give you any ideas on the size of our family, we're perfectly happy with it only holding 4, some groceries and my artwork.  I think the best thing is the fact that the boys can't touch each other!! One in the way back and on in the middle seat.  Pure genius.  I also have a radio for the first time in about a year.....which is also heaven.  The only drawback is the gas mileage so I must learn how to hit all the stops in one swoop when running errands.  Just another blessing to add to our family!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Sweet ride!

Andrea G. said...

Nice! Love how the Lord always provides for us!

Crazy Mom said...

you really should start to embrace a minivan. and soccer. and happy meals. they have made me the woman I am today!