Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Donde esta?

I feel as if I have been neglecting my faithful blog readers this past week and I do apologize.  Last weekend I was in Chicago, being an uber band geek, and participating in the US Open Brass Band Championships.  I know, it's okay to be jealous.   I'm also in the midst of getting ready for TWO open houses....that happen to be on the same day (never fear, the artwork will be divided up....I just can't decide what needs to go where!) and working on a ton of commissioned pieces for Christmas gifts.  This is a good thing.  A really good thing.  You know why?

1. Big moldy rotting hole in bathroom floor was found. Awesome. NOT.
2. Stove from circa 1985 bit the dust.  Does it smell like gas in here?

Of course timing with these minor catastrophes couldn't be more perfect.  These craptastic events were not in the budget for the month and I'm hosting Thanksgiving...in which I shall need an oven....and a bathroom.

On the upside, I have been selling a good amounts of artwork and we have been having fun taking a shower at Cornell.  I'm not joking.  Big tiled room with lots of water and echoing voice? What's there not to love. I couldn't get Brody out.  Looks like I found our new activity to beat the winter blues.  I'd invite ya'll to come, but well......nevermind.

Things could be worse and I have to remember that there are people going through much worse things like the loss of a job or even a child.  Putting things in perspective and being thankful for what God has given me.

I've also been in the midst of a reading fest.  I just finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.  It was awesome. I need a new book....suggestions?

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

MamaMiller said...

Francine Rivers has some stinking awesome books that I could not put down, her newest two are great! They are about Mothers/Daughters etc.. :) Hope to see you sometime this month besides in passing!

Allison said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Thirteenth Tale. Unfortunately, I have now spent the last year and a half trying to find something as good and haven't even come close.

jamie said...

hey have missed ya! :) A Grace Disguised seriously amazingly hard book (in a good way)
Bruchko (amazing, andrea g just read too)
A Heavenly Man (amazing)

let me know what you pick! :)