This past weekend seems like a blur (as most days usually are) I did however manage to scoop up a few nuggets of knowledge (better than nuggets of.....well, never mind)
1. It is virtually impossible for our two boys to sit down at the dinner table for more than two minutes at a time. I am going to invent seat belts for the chairs or grab the duct tape. I find myself saying,"Sit down _______!" more times than I'd like to remember.
2. God doesn't give guidance to people who are sitting still-you need to be moving....doing! Get your butt going!
3. When someone is in need you can't give them an option or take the easy way out. You can't say, "Let me know if you need anything." Because chances are they do but they're too chicken to ask. You just have to do it. Bring them a meal. Write them a card. Bring them chocolate. Don't ask, just do it.
4. We worry too much about square footage, clean carpet and our dream homes. We are given these things we live in on loan, they're not ours, we need to use them for something big. Invite the neighborhood kids over for cookies or host a bible study. I've spent too much time worry about what people will think of the lack of square footage in my house that I've lost track of what He has given me.
5. You will become who you follow.
6. We need more servants in life. In church. At home. At work. When was the last time you really truly served someone without getting anything out of it in return?
7. I have a cookie addiction. Things are jiggly where they shouldn't be. This concerns me. I did make some awesome cookies today.
8. The Superbowl commercials sucked.
9. Christina Aguilara needs to learn the words to the Star Spangled Banner.
10. We need to be drawn to joy instead of having a pity party for ourselves no matter what the situation.
11. No matter how hard I try to be the germ Nazi, my kids will get exposed to germies and get sick. It's good for them. I just can't clean up puke, it's in my contract.
What did you learn this weekend?