Thursday, April 14, 2011

Who is that strange man?!

This photo has absolutely nothing to do with the story I am about to tell you.  It does however have to do with my serious frustrations with our medical (and the dog!) shortcomings.  Of course since we leave for Arkansas on Saturday the tonsils in our house have begun to revolt again.  Strep has struck for the second time and I am ready to pull my hair out (or my tonsils....but that would be gross... never mind)  Baylor has it now and I'm sure it will make the rounds before we get out of Iowa.  There is only so much disinfecting I can do.  The second bottles are for poor Chloe. She has refused to move these past few days, yelping whenever I try to move her.  I finally took her in to the vet this morning to find out that she has what they call  Intervertabral Disc disease....or a bulging disc in her neck.  Obviously she was in a lot of pain and we've drugged her up significantly and hope for healing.  She's currently drooling on the couch, but at least she's comfortable!  So I'm leaving Lonnie for a week for three dogs (My parent's dog Waldo) and lots of medications for them. He may need to be the one that needs medicating after this week is over.

Now on to my story......

Let me fill you in on the details of our sleeping arrangements (most of the time) in this house.  Lonnie, my lovely most handsome and wonderful husband, also snores like a freight train.  He spends most of his nights on the couch (by his choice I might add!) and I get the bed to myself (I'm not gonna lie...it's fantastic) Now, I love my husband very much but we love each other enough to know that when we sleep next to each other someone wakes up really grumpy.  I am also a cover stealer.  So needless to say, the boys don't see Lonnie in our bed very often.

So this morning at 5:30am I hear Brody (through my ear plugs) yelling my name.  His latest fear is bugs in his bed, or anywhere for that matter.  He points to our bed and whimpers and I'm half asleep so I just grab him and throw him in bed in between Lonnie and I.  We don't like to encourage the kids to sleep with us, however we love snuggling once in a while.  Just as I start to dose off again I hear more whimpering coming from Brody.  He's pushed up so close to me that I can't move.

"Mooommmmm, I'm scared!"
"Scared of what? There's nothing to be scared of, go back to sleep"
"I'm scared of that man!"
"Man?! Huh? What man?"
"That strange man right there (pointing to Lonnie)"
"Uh, that's your dad."
"What?"
"THAT strange man....is your dad."
"Oh."



 True Story.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

While I can't help you with snoring, I can offer a suggestion about the cover stealing. My husband is also a cover stealer, so what we have done is we each have our own sets of top sheets and blankets. People stare oddly when they see it, but works out great!

laura b. said...

Too funny Keri.

Allison said...

Glad to see we're not the only married couple that sleeps in separate rooms due to noisy hubby noises. My mother is deeply concerned and obviously thinks it means we don't communicate and are headed toward divorce. I think it means that I don't hate him in the morning because he didn't let me sleep. Frankly, the beebee makes enough noise at night for all of us!