Sunday, June 19, 2011

Things my dad taught me.....

Things my dad has taught me.....

* Pray big. God answers prayers.
* Quitters never win, winners never quit.
* How to catch 101 crappies in an hour
* That golf balls hurt if they hit you in the head
* How to have good handwriting
* To fear the wrath of dad
* How to tie lure on, gut a fish and cast like you mean it
* How to have fun
* To appreciate the news
* How to yell at refs on t.v during Hawkeye football games
* How to mow the lawn
* That he means business
* How to run really fast (especially if someone is chasing you)
* How to hunt for mushrooms (there is a special technique you know)
* How to trust in the Lord
* How to wrap a steak, grind hamburger and properly filet a fish
* How to sort cans
* How to be a good winner and a good loser
* How to be competitive
* How go grin and bear it
* How to shoot a basketball, dribble and play HORSE
* How to drive a stick shift.....on a hill...in the middle of traffic
* How to be responsible for my actions
* How to be respectful and polite
* That (most) boys have cooties
* How to leave every cabinet door open after you've searched for whatever it is you're searching for
* How not to be a wussie

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father whom I love and respect so very much.  A father who has taught me so much, made me laugh and struck fear into me....all at the same time.

Happy Father's Day to my dad, I love you!

No comments: