Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week in Review

What a roller coaster of emotions this week has been! A few weeks ago I excitedly applied for a teaching job and got an interview, hoping and praying that it would work out.  I let my ego get the best of me, assuming that I was perfect for the position. 

 I was not. 

After reading my rejection email and feeling a little sorry for myself, I realized that God had other plans.  I still decided that sulking around all day, wallowing in self pity would be the best thing to do. 

 It was not. 

How silly I was to think that I could plan my future. Of course it was easy to do. I had it all worked out. I had the job, we could move out of this house and everything would be fine and dandy.  God however, had other plans.  It turns out the very next day this (see photo above) was printed in our local paper.  I was interviewed a while ago and thought it would be something small but instead got this awesome article.  I'm hoping this will help my art business.  I've applied at another school district, but in the meantime I'm perfectly happy making art from home and being with my kids.  

 This week Brody recovered from his tonsillectomy and was well enough to paint his own toenails (and toes) and the floor...and the bathtub.  I couldn't get the fingernail polish remover to take it off, so if you see him in public...no, his toes aren't bleeding.  He has been running, jumping and vaulting off of various things and since the surgery all he is able to speak in is whine.  We don't recommend learning that language, it might make your ears bleed.  
 My handsome men on our front step....after being banned from eating juicy watermelon in the kitchen.

Yup, this is pretty normal at our house.  Somehow my ear plugs kept disappearing.....and Baylor found them. I'm going to let him keep those.  I am loving having him home this summer and doing all sorts of fun activities with the boys.  We're headed to the other Mt.Vernon next week to help Grandma Lila move into her new house.  Brody is counting the minutes!

I am having a little hair regret this week.  It's not that I don't love my short hair, it's just that I miss my long hair and a certain someone in the house (who shall remain nameless) just informed me that he liked long hair better. Great. Thanks. A little late now. I have to continually remind myself that it is just hair and it will grow back (eventually) and I should just have fun with it while I can.  I am still the same person...only with short hair.

I've also learned this week that unfortunately even as Christians, we are subject to judgement by others.  We are judged by those who walk with the Lord and those who don't.  Those judgement may be based on facts but most of the time they are not.  Don't let yourself be the one who makes that judgement.  We too often get one side of the story and begin to make our own assumptions based on what we think is the "correct" information. That's really not fair is it? Would you want to be the one who people were assuming incorrectly about? I didn't think so.  I can't help what people think about me, my family, my faith....all I can show them is how much I love my faith and family.

Let's leave the judging up to the big guy upstairs, shall we?

No comments: