Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby, it's (really) hot outside

 It's beginning to look a lot like.....summer harvest time! I know it's not much to look at now, but this is a big accomplishment for someone with a black thumb (like myself) We have our first veggies from the garden, other than the lettuce we've been collecting weekly. One ginormus zucchini, one radish, one cucumber and some beans.  The zucchini and cucumber have proceeded to take over the back of the yard and the sunflowers are bigger than the kids.  The boys are very excited about growing their own veggies, unfortunately they aren't as excited about eating them.  It has been really hot the past few days, but I won't complain because I'd take this heat over cold any day!

I just registered Baylor for Kindergarten.

ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN.

He is about to lose a tooth.

What happened to my baby?

 I just spent a few minutes filling out an online registration form with lots of questions.  Lots of questions that really don't show the true colors of my Baylor so I thought I'd write some of my own registration questions (the ones that really matter)

1. Does your student have any issues? You mean like taking off ALL of his clothing when he goes to the bathroom? Then, yes.
2. What language did your student learn first? I wouldn't really call it a language, more like grunts and snorts.
3. Does he like music? Of course, in fact he just made up new lyrics to If you're happy and you know it.....If you're happy and you know it slap your butt. I kid you not...and I promise he won't sing them during class.  Actually I can't make that promise.
4. Allergies? He claims to be allergic to broccoli, peas and Cheetos.
5.  Any behavior problems? No, of course not. He is an angel sent from heaven.  He smells like roses. He never makes bodily function noises. He loves his brother with all of his heart. Amen.

Actually, we are so excited about Baylor's teacher.  She is pretty amazing and was the boys Awana leader too. She's a very good teacher and she loves Jesus.  Couldn't ask for more. I hope she knows I will be stalking her classroom......

Got to go sell a kidney on the black market to pay for the list of school supplies that is a mile long......*sigh*

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What child is allergic to Cheetos?!?

Dawn said...

I second voting for heat over cold!

My favorite school supply item was always the large box of Kleenex. Always wanted to buy the small box.