Friday, August 26, 2011

Blame it on the cat.....

Ah yes, the look of innocence.  The look of an angel saying, "who me?"

 Looks can be deceiving.

Sweet boy, yes. Sneaky boy? HECK YES.

Let's begin our story this morning, quite early in fact.  The sun was just above the horizon and the sounds of the day were just beginning.  It was about 6:15am when Lonnie got up to leave for early cross country practice. I heard the screen door slam and then a car door slam so I knew he was gone.  A few minutes later I heard the screen door slam again, but thinking it was just Lonnie coming back because he forgot something, I drifted back to sleep.  Around 6:30 I thought I was dreaming and heard yet another subtle door slam so I decided to check it out.  I peeked into the boys room and slowly shut their door because I didn't want to wake them.  Little did I know one of them was already causing a ruckus.

So my dear husband sleeps on the couch (a lot) because of his snoring (we still love each other, I promise, it's better this way) and so there are usually two pillows and a blanket on the couch.  When I went downstairs there was no bedding on the couch.  Finding this really odd, I texted Lonnie to ask where his pillows went and his reply was "they were there when I left."  What? We have a pillow thief? Who steals pillows at six in the morning?! I walked through the house and happen to peek out the front door only to see a trail of....

pillow........pillow.....blanket......BRODY!!!!

What the heck.

Let me back up for a second and explain our situation.  The cat situation.  The boys have discovered a stray cat whom they call Sewer Cat (and I call things I can't write out loud) and have been begging to keep this feline.  I have to admit, she's really cute and she's very friendly but she's a cat.  A stinky cat. A stinky cat in which my dogs FREAK OUT if she is within eye shot.  Not a good combination.  Anyways, the boys have been loving on this cat, so the cat thinks it has found a new home. It is indeed mistaken.

Back to the story.

So I go outside to retrieve the half clothed, wrapped in a blanket child sitting ON THE CURB OF THE STREET.  Then I go receive my MOM OF THE YEAR award.  Someone even called the local police to report him! As amusing as the story is, I am just glad he is safe. I don't even want to think of what could have happened.

Now I am investigating door locks, alarms and cages (just kidding)

We're still not getting the cat.