Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life with boys

I would't trade my life with these two little boys for anything.  The dirt, noise and ninja warriors along with penis stories over the dinner hour.  I love it.  Not so much the penis stories, but they come with the territory as I am convinced every little boy is fascinated by their little man parts.  I don't think I could handle having a little girl. Don't get me wrong, I love them...the sweet, innocent and dramatic little things.  I am one myself.  

A girl, not dramatic....okay, maybe sometimes a little dramatic.  

God knew my heart and knew exactly what I could handle.  

TWO little boys.  

This little boy, who has grown an inch since school started and clearly loves having his photo taken. Apparently the tree was much more exciting than anything I had pointed at his face.


It took bribery, counting and the "angry mom" voice to get him to turn around.  Geesh, he looks like his legs might break in two.....like two potatoes on the end of two toothpicks.  I wish I still had those chicken legs.  He had his first soccer game Tuesday and scored the first goal!  I got to overhear a few parents commenting on how fast he was.  I couldn't be prouder.

Life with Baylor is such a joy with a side of crazy.  The kid hates sleep and always will. I will look forward to the day I have to wake this child up.  It doesn't matter how late he goes to bed, he is up and staring at me at 6:30 on the dot.  He is so smart (or at least we think so) and loves anything dinosaur related.  We are constantly being corrected on our dinosaur lingo.  He loves playing by himself and will take an old suitcase full of dinos outside and disappear for hours. His imagination and creativity already amaze me.  He likes to laugh with his brother and inappropriate things at inappropriate times.  The words fart, poop, underpants and penis are among his favorite gut busters.  These words usually come out during meal times.  He also has such a sweet heart.  He wants to marry me and is still confused as to why he has to live at college (Why can't I just live at home?)  He asks deep theological questions at approximately the time he needs to be sleeping.
 
And then there's this dude.  Flava Flav.  The destroyer. Brody man.  Crazy pants. Who only operates in hyper speed.  From the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed the kid sometimes resembles a squirrel on speed.  Not that I've ever witnessed a squirrel on speed, but you get my point.  If there is a mess to be made or something that needs to be destroyed, than Brody is your man.  He is learning so much already this year and tries so hard to keep up with big brother.  The tantrums have been significantly decreased but not eliminated. Is that humanly possible?

Like his brother, his favorite words include underpants, poopie and penis (which sometimes he occasionally strums like an air guitar) He has the most infectious laugh, deep and from the belly.  He really isn't interested in one specific thing, but enjoys running and playing and being a boy.  He makes us laugh every day.

I am so blessed to be able to parent, mother and just spend time with these fabulous boys.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  The good, the bad and the poopie.

No comments: