Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well hello there, do I know you?

This sweet boy had a pajama party at preschool last week.  It was 90 degrees and he chose his winter pj's.....but he sure had fun!


I realize it's been a while since I've posted, many apologies! I didn't realize that having three hours to myself in the afternoon would make my life more hectic! Here is what we have been up to since school started....

Baylor:
* Playing soccer
* Finally settling into the Kindergarten groove
* Making new friends and hanging out with old ones
* Upgrading his dinosaur collection and setting up elaborate scenes everyday after school
* Checking YouTube for new and exciting nature videos
* Growing up so fast.....I swear he grew another inch since school started

Brody:
* Loving preschool
* Meeting new friends
* Eating....and eating....and then eating some more
* Growing up and doing new things all by himself
* Anxiously awaiting the arrival of his new cousin Colby (any hour now!)
* Writing his name and learning his colors (I think this kid may be colorblind.....)
* Causing mass destruction wherever he goes (the preschool teachers say he's an angel.....why not at home?)

Lonnie:
*Working hard at work (as always) Cross country season is in full swing
* Cross country meets on the weekends
* Helping organize some men's events at church
* Rediscovering his love of reading....three books in the last two weeks! Way to go babe!
* Taking time every night to spend quality time with his little boys.
* Still trying to figure out how to load the dishwasher.....a skill that hasn't come easy
* Doing a vigorous lifting program...I don't mean to brag, but my husband's pecs are awesome.

ME:
* Coaching soccer (or as I like to call it, herding cats)
* Making tons of artwork during my "free" time
* Helping the boys with school work and projects and reading and coloring and.......
* Serving on our women's ministry team at church (and loving it) It's great to feel needed!
* Doing BSF (bible study fellowship) again this year.  We're studying Acts, it's going to be great!
* Shuttling kids to and from school
* Serving on our local arts council and getting ready for the Lincoln Highway Arts Fest (Sept 24th) You should go!
* Finishing three books....all at the same time
* Trying to get back to running again after being laid up with a hip injury this summer
* Just trying to keep up with the housework....clothes, dishes, food, laundry....repeat


Deep breath.  Whew!  Makes my head spin just thinking about it.
Thanks for putting up with my absence.  I shall return!

No comments: