Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Thankful Christmas


What a year 2011 has been and it's even harder to believe it's almost over!  The Speidel family has so much to be thankful for this year (including a professional family photo session with our friend Robyn....it only took 8 years! See awesome photo above) With life's ups and downs and in betweens, thanks for sharing parts of it with us.

Some highlights from this year include:

* Getting to travel to Arkansas with my family and fish for a week!
* Traveling on a bus with the track team to Atlanta and Florida. The boys will always remember this trip (and Brody now wants to be a bus driver because of it)
* Lonnie got to walk his little sister down the isle at her wedding
* We welcomed another boy cousin (on the Koser side) to the family....baby Colby!
*Baylor started Kindergarten and Brody started preschool at Lisbon.
* We had a 10 ft snowman in front of our house that mysteriously appeared one morning.
* We've watched the boys grow up before our eyes (where does the time go!?)
* My artwork is taking off (woo hoo)


I asked the boys to give me five things they were thankful for this year....obviously, since Christmas just happens to be tomorrow, it took top spots on their lists.

Baylor: 
1. Our Family
2. The Christmas Tree
3. Presents under the tree
4. The Wii
5. Our hearts (this boy has such a sweet loving heart!)

Brody:
1. Christmas
2. Christmas tree with presents and the ornaments on the tree....and Santa...and baby Jesus.
3. God
4. Mom (yessss!) and Dad......(what about Baylor?) Oh yea, and Baylor too.
5. Dogs, cause I love them.


Lonnie: 
1. Health
2. New job opportunities for my wife
3. My family and their health
4. Eight years of marriage to my wonderful wife (I swear that is exactly what he said)
5. My new t.v (You're welcome)


Me:
1. Of course my family! I'm thankful for each and every one of them (extended and so on and so forth) I am so thankful that I will get to see most of the in heaven for eternity.  They may be far away and we may not see each other regularly, but we pray for them daily.

2.New furnace and insulation in this old house(I can keep the heat above 62 and our bill is actually lower!) This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but it's HUGE for me.

3. That my artwork is taking off and for my new job!  The transition has been a little rough (can I just say how much more I admire working mothers! It's like working 4 full time jobs!)but it's getting better.  I am blessed to be able to work in education again.

4. That Lonnie and I got to go to the Weekend to Remember marriage conference this fall.  It was a great refresher and has made us stronger as a couple.  Being stronger as a couple only makes us stronger as a family. We work together as a team.

5. My relationship with Christ....not my "religion"  It's not about reciting words back to a man standing on a pulpit or waving your arms or eating bread or drinking wine or doing good things or simply saying you're a Christian.  You must live it. Like any good relationship, it has to be mutual  and you have to work at it.  Can't be afraid of what others may think.....it never works out.    You have to share it. Shout it.



We pray that this year brings you not only peace and happiness but maybe a life changing relationship.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



1 comment:

Dee said...

I love your blog... great pictures of the family. I hope your holidays were amazing and Happy New Year.