Saturday, January 7, 2012

Workin' girl

I would be the first person to tell you that being a mom and staying at home is more than a full time job.  Between cooking, cleaning, playing, disciplining, driving, organizing, laundering, teaching, feeding and caring for your house and family, the salary would be close to $130,000 a year.  Still waiting for my paycheck. Undoubtedly the best job I've ever had, I thought it would be fun to add two more jobs on top of that.  I'm never one to turn down a challenge. Doing the best I can at all three of these jobs just might kill me, but gosh darn it I will do it.

Since re-entering the working full time world, I have gained so much more respect for mothers who have been doing this the whole time.  I admired them before, but now I just think they deserve a medal of honor, stiff drink or a vacation.  It begins at dawn and ends late at night with a few hours of drug induced sleep in between.

I'm slowly learning the delicate balance of working outside of the home at a full time job that demands full time attention and then coming home and caring for my family.  I also thought continuing my art business (which by the way is doing amazingly awesome, thank you!) would be fun.....but it's taking up a lot of spare time...whatever that is.  I feel like I'm working three jobs.  Wait...I am working three jobs.

And don't even think about being sick.  There are no sick days.  Unless you are on your death bed, you have to function.  You have to drag your snot clogged feverish head out of bed to get two kids out the door and yourself to work.  Your mind never stops running....

"Did Brody put on underwear this morning?"
"What's for dinner?"
"Did I put underwear on this morning?"
"Did I put Baylor in the right shoes for P.E today?"
"Did I finish those art orders?"
"Did I pee?"

You leave a messy house only to return to a messy house.  Since you're not home all day, when you get home you have to do the things that need immediate attention......laundry, cleaning and most importantly spending time with your kids.  You may think cleaning doesn't require immediate attention, but if you know me, you know that a panic attack may ensue if a dirty house is under foot.

It's survival of the fittest...and the one with the strongest coffee.

I am slowly learning this dance, one clumsy step at a time.


2 comments:

codi said...

For real! I started working 35 hours a week in August after being home raising kids for 10 years...rude awakening! I don't know how working moms do it all! Still trying to figure it out:) Hope this semester goes well for you guys as you (like me) try to manage all the details.

saree said...

Thank you sop much for sharing such type of nice information with your post!!!

I got a very legislative and reliable knowledge from your post!!
For getting the more information abour cloth shopping. plesea visit on these hypertext keywords:--Kurta Pyjamas, Indiska Kläder,saree, salwar kameez,saree,sherwani