Monday, April 9, 2012

Allosauruseseseses and pink eye


Easter was kind of a bust this year.  60% was my fault (I shall explain later) and 40% was a little bacterial infection known as conjunctivitis' fault (You shall see a pretty awesomely gross photo later) BUT Baylor did get the Allosaurus that he had been saving up his money for.  Good job Easter Bunny, at least you did one thing right. 

 It all started out with this little guy.  Saturday night he started itching his eyes and complaining about how much they hurt.  Then they started to swell, turn red and produce the nastiest slimiest goo that I've ever seen come out of an eyeball.  Instead of tears he had snot coming out of his tear ducts. True story.  We started him on eye drops and hoped it would be enough. 

 Not so much.

He woke up screaming because his eyes were basically glued shut with the nasty goobers.  Ewww. 
Sunday=Easter=nothing except ER open. Fabulous.  So off to the ER we went.  Saw Dr. McDreamy, got a few more antibiotics and sent us on our way.  

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

It was requested that the Easter meal this year should be beef brisket.  Now I am not familiar with this cut of meat, but my dad was a butcher and I thought I could hold my own in the meat isle.  So I grabbed what I thought was beef brisket, threw it in the crock pot, added some bbq sauce and in 8-10 hours we should be enjoying bbq beef brisket sandwiches.  

Wrong. 

Did you know that there is a difference between beef brisket and corned beef brisket? 

Oh, heck yes there is.  About 12lbs of salt.  

Epic brisket failure. 

At least I had my stack o' books to get me through the weekend.  
I got a little carried away at the library.  


Okay, now for the gross photo.  Consider yourself warned.  


Ready? 


I warned you.


Ready? 

This photo doesn't even do his poor little eye balls justice.  This was after 24 hours of antibiotic eye cream. I told you it was gross.  Welcome to parenthood. 

Hope your Easter was less goober filled that ours.  

1 comment:

The Kac's said...

Hope he feels better soon.
I'm on a mission to find a good brisket recipes after leaving Texas! Let me know if you find one. Brisket is like the state food there and I miss it. The Texas Costco sold them for a good price so I'm hoping the Coralville one will too when it opens in June!